Customize your BigCommerce Maintenance Mode Page
Hopefully not often you will need to bring your Bigcommerce Store “Down for Maintenance“. In which you case you may want the ability to customize the look of such page, instead of using the standard Bigcommerce verbiage and design.
Here is how you can do it.
- Login to your Bigcommerce store
- Go to Setup & Tools / Customize Your Store / Store Settings
- Flip the switch to “Down for Maintenance” under “Store Status”
- Customize the text inside the box
- Click “Save”
The above steps include the most basic customization to your “Down for Maintenance” page.
- Go to “Design”
- Click “Edit HTML/CSS”
- Find the “maintenance.html” file under “Layouts”
Inside this file you can customize the “look” of the “Down for Maintenance” page. You can edit the CSS, add background images, edit the Title of the page, and even remove the “Login” button that appears by default. Once you are happy with your customizations simply click “Save”.
Would you like to comment on this topic? Leave your comments below.